Axminster AT260SPT Planer-Thicknesser
|Owing to it's dangerous nature, delicate nature, or expense, this tool requires that you be inducted on it's proper handling before use.|
The AT260 is a 10 inch spiral-drum planner thicknesser that uses 44 tungsten carbide knives to flatten or thin timber. By passing timber over the upper surface of the cutter it will be made flatter, the cutter removes high points on the work so it winds up flat, this may take multiple passes. Using the fence you can also make perpendicular faces. The lower part of the machine can be used with timber that already has at least one flat face and will bring it to a precise thickness. The planner/thicknesser is intended for use with relatively clean timber and although it can be used with reclaimed timber, considerable care needs to be taken to ensure there is nothing metallic or abrasive on the timber (abrasive materials can be as simple as some paint). The Planer-Thicknesser requires induction.
The manual for the planer/thicknesser is here.
|1st October 2021||Fully Functional||Thicknessing function restored, seems the table must be maintained weekly to preserve proper operation|
Parts and upgrades that are planned/Budgeted/Purchased for in the near future
The following people are able to provide inductions on the AT260SPT planer-thicknesser
These are the people who look after and repair the AT260SPT planer-thicknesser, they're the ones to contact if there's any problems with it
If you make any non-trivial changes to the Axminster planer-thicknesser or perform maintenance please note it here, delete records older than 1 yr
- Clean, stone, rewax table Stever (talk) 16:20, 21 December 2021 (UTC)
- Replace flex with longer, heavy duty flex to allow the unit to be moved for larger workpieces. Jmf (talk) 15:33, 19 November 2021 (UTC)
- Clean and wax table MarkM (talk) 23 October 2021 (BST)
- Clean, Stone and Wax table. Seems this has to be done regularly (weekly?) or thicknessing stops working properly Stever (talk) 17:07, 1 October 2021 (BST)
- Clean and wax table Jmf (talk) 11:11, 7 August 2021 (BST)
- Build and fit wheeled cart for the thicknesser Stever (talk) 07:25, 3 July 2021 (BST)
- Remove shipping grease from all wood-contacting surfaces and apply wax Stever (talk) 16:49, 28 May 2021 (BST)