Welcome to the rLab Wiki
<<< Attention required from Gavin for this section? >>>
- Only use equipment that you have been trained on and are confident you can use safely. No solo use of high risk tools.
- Members must be over 18 years old. Anyone visiting who is under this age must be accompanied and supervised by a member at all times, supervising someone else is incompatible with working on your own projects.
- Potentially dangerous or precious equipment should be labelled and members should seek induction before use.
- Dangerous chemicals should be labelled with contents and hazard information.
- Performance of high risk activities should be communicated to other members and guests present if they might be effected. Other members may raise any concerns at that time and the activity cannot continue until those concerns have been addressed.
- No hazardous chemicals in the kitchen. It is a food preparation area and must be treated as such.
- Clean up after using the space, leave your work area AT LEAST as clean as when you arrived if not better
- Anything that is prohibited by our lease or insurance is really actually prohibited (No sleeping, no fissionable materials, etc.)
Information for new members
How to find us
How to get in contact with us
The Reading Hackspace is an industrial unit on Weldale Street and internally is divided into 3 main spaces. The main room upstairs is where most electronics and software hacking takes place and also the main social are. The small machine room upstairs houses out Laser cutter and the store of materials for use with it. The downstairs space has most of the power tools and is where all metalwork and woodwork activities take place. You've paid for all the tools and equipment through your membership donations, so please take care of the kit as if it were your own! Please report any damage or dis-function either on the mailing list or directly to any member of the relevant team. We understand that occasional breakages are inevitable in this environment but please let the relevant teams know ASAP when they happen so that repair/replacement can be arranged.